History of LBD Tuition Centre
LBD Tuition Centre was established in July 2016 and is one of the best tuition providers in the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham.
LBD Tuition Centre is an innovative service that helps students to discover and explore their interests, while also providing them with the academic, extracurricular and career-building support required to realise their ambitions. The tuition model caters for 11 levels of the school curriculum and LBD Tuition Centre centres collectively deliver more than 120,000 lessons every term. Our non-stop support systems ensure that every centre operates smoothly.
Our values are fundamental to our success. They are the foundation of our company and define who we are. They underlie our vision of the future, our business strategies and our decisions, actions and behaviours.
- A passion for teaching and a love of children
- A sense of fun that encourages personality and character
- Team spirit
- Knowledge and competence
- Flexibility and a willingness to change and learn
- Integrity, trustworthiness and high standards – moral and ethical
- Business acumen, vision and focus
- Ambition to grow
- To put the fun back into Science, Maths, ICT and English
- To be specialists in maths, science and English tuition
- To treat children as individuals with individual needs
- To complement the maths and English they are learning at school
- To help build children’s confidence and show them that they can conquer maths and read for pleasure
Classrooms fully equipped with up-to-date facilities for students to use. Also, classrooms have equipment such as pens/pencils and other stationary for students to use. Tutors assigned to a small group of students and they will be provided with the workbooks, which are regularly marked by tutors and gives feedback on the same day of the return of previous homework. Homework always gives the next lesson.
Different by Design
We are providing teaching to 8-18 year olds education in the subjects of Maths, English, Science and ICT. This is from KS2 all the way to A-levels and we have tutors to support these students and give them time and support to answer their enquiries. We take pride in our hard work and the help we provide our students to gain the best of their abilities.
Fun and Interactive
Students are given pop quizzes to test their understanding also to make learning a fun and interactive thing to do. Students are encouraged to do more learning as the winner of quizzes would get a certificate and this would encourage other students to work harder to get certificates.
Diverse and Multicultural
LBD tuition centre is a diverse and multicultural tuition with tutors from different ethnic backgrounds. This allows students to make friends with other students and can be a fun learning environment and prevents any prejudices. Also, tuition would a way for some students to come out of their shell and experience friendship in a partnership of education.
We are consistently monitoring our pupil’s improvement and push them to work their hardest to gain above and beyond and also make them the top in their school studies. We provide students with homework, which are assessed by the tutors and given feedback straight away.
Successful learning requires your child’s full cooperation, and that’s only going to happen if the LBD Tuition Centre experience is enjoyable. For younger students, we make sure learning is fun – entertainment is built into all our primary learning modules. For older students, it’s less about fun and more about keeping things stimulating and interesting.
- Needs to increase skills
- Finds the discipline of homework hard going or needs homework help
- Wants to get into or stay in the top group and feels a tutor will help
- Needs a confidence boost before moving to a new school or sitting exams
- Has clear strengths, but also has weaknesses
- Classrooms are fully furnished with tables, chairs
- Every teacher will have 3-4 students per session to ensure students receive a sufficient amount of attention
- Classrooms will be vibrant and colourful so it can provide a positive setting for the students to learn in
- A canteen where all students are able to purchase drinks and snacks
- There will be sofas where students can relax during their breaks
- Students can also bring their own food to eat in the canteen
- There will be a separate room for staff to relax during the breaks
- A locker for each staff member to put their personal belongings in